Nicorette Nicotine Gum extra strength spearmint regular strength 4mg is a quit-smoking aid.
Regular strength 4mg nicotine gum is suitable for those who smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day.
Discreet craving relief, Nicorette gum works by relieving nicotine cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
It may be used to:
- Stop smoking abruptly, or,
- Put down smoking before stopping.
This quit smoking gum can also be used in conjunction with other nicotine replacement Therapy (NRT) products for better craving relief.
Product SKU: BHH1377
Read pack insert before use - Use in adolescents under professional supervision only - Adults 18 years and over who smoke 20 or fewer cigarettes per day: use for
- Stopping immediately, how many pieces of gum do I use?
Weeks 1 to 12: 1 piece when you have an urge to smoke or every 1-2 hours. Do not use more than 20 pieces/day.
After 12 weeks gradually reduce to 1-2 pieces/day and then stop use.
- Cutting down, how many pieces of gum do I use?
Gradually increase gum use (maximum 20 pieces/day) and reduce smoking with the aim of stopping by 6 months.
If you have not cut down at 6 weeks or stopped at 9 months, see your doctor/pharmacist. Use for 3. Combination Therapy how many pieces of gum do I use? If you have relapsed with single nicotine replacement Therapy (nrt) or if you have cravings with single use nrt, you can use Nicorette 2mg gum, in addition to Nicorette patch for better craving relief. Use patch as directed and aim to chew at least 4 pieces (maximum of 1 2. Of Nicorette gum 2mg every day (see back of pack).
After 12 weeks reduce use of patch or gum (see pack insert).
- Chew gum slowly until taste is strong or you feel a slight tingling sensation.
- Rest gum between cheek and gums.
- Chew again when taste has faded. Repeat until there is no more tingling.
Warnings & Precautions
Do not use.
If you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients, if you are under 12 years of age.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Are under 18 years of age or are taking any other medicines.
Have uncontrolled high blood pressure.
Have a stomach ulcer.
Have kidney or liver disease.
Take insulin for diabetes.
Have an overactive thyroid.
Have adrenal gland cancer.
Do not use unless a doctor has told you to if you have had a stroke or you have heart or circulation problems.
Sucralose, 11.4mg sodium per gum and 11.9g xylitol per maximum recommended daily dose.
Products containing xylitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.
Other products from Nicorette
- Nicorette Cooldrops 4mg 160 Lozenges
- Nicorette Gum Freshmint 4mg 105
- Nicorette Quickmist Berry Single 13.2ml
- Nicorette Gum Icy Mint 4mg 105
- Nicorette Gum Icy Mint 2mg 150
- Nicorette Gum Freshmint Regular 105
- Nicorette Cooldrops 2mg 80 Lozenges
- Nicorette Inhalator 15mg 20
- Nicorette Quickmist Berry Duo 13.2mlx2
- Nicorette Quick Mist Spray Duo
- Nicorette Inhalator 15mg 4
- Nicorette Gum Icy Mint 2mg 105
- Nicorette Gum Fresh Fruit 2mg 105
- Nicorette Gum Fresh Fruit 4mg 105
- Nicorette Gum Classic 4mg 105
- Nicorette Gum Classic 2mg 105
- Nicorette Cooldrops Fresh Fruit 2mg 160 Lozenges
- Nicorette Cooldrops 4mg 80 Lozenges
- Nicorette Lozenges Cooldrops Fresh Fruit 2mg 80
- Nicorette Lozenges Cooldrops Fresh Fruit 4mg 80
- Nicorette Cooldrops 2mg 160 Lozenges
- Nicorette Cooldrops Fresh Fruit 4mg 160 Lozenges
- Nicorette Invisipatch 25mg 14
- Nicorette Invisipatch 10mg 7
- Nicorette Combination Value Kit 7
- Nicorette Invisipatch 15mg 7