The Optifast VLCD Program is a nutritionally complete very low calorie diet for the management of people who are obese or severely overweight. To assist with compliance the product range comes in a variety of products including shakes, desserts, soups and bars. The Optifast VLCD Program offers a wide range of convenient meal replacements. Shakes, desserts, soups and bars.
Free online support and information available to start your journey towards a healthier future. To join, log on to www.optifast.com.au
Optifast VLCD should be taken under the supervison of a healthcareprofessional. It is indicated for persons with a BMI>30 or a BMI>27 with medical complications associated with obesity.
INDICATIONSTotal food replacement for the management of obesity. Optifast VLCD Program is intended for use as part of the management ofpeople who are obese or overweight when there is associated secondary pathology e.g. non-insulin dependent diabetes, hypertension, osteoarthritis, hypothyroidism corrected by replacement therapy, gynaecological disorders, hyperlipidaemia or where obesity is an impediment to surgery.
CONTRAINDICATIONSAcute cerebrovascular or cardiovascular disease, renal disease, hepatic disease, type 1 diabetes, porphyria or overt psychosis. Use in pregnancy - Contraindicated. Use in lactation - Contraindicated. Use in children - Use of very low energy diets is not recommended in persons below 18 years. Use in elderly - Use of very low energy diets is not recommended in persons above 65 years of age.
Optifast VLCD is for the dietary management of obesity and must be used under the supervision of a healthcare professional. A program of regular light exercise enhances wellbeing, and therefore likelihood of success.
Product SKU: BHW1217
Add one sachet of Optifast VLCD to 200-250ml of cold or warm water. Stir, blend or shake to dissolve. Do use boiling water.
All prepared products should be tightly covered and consumed within 4 hours at room temperature or within 24 hours if refrigerated.
Note: Do not change proportions. Follow preparation instructions. Discard any unfinished product that has been heated.
Warnings & Precautions
Store box in a dry, cool place.
Contents not to be sold separately.
Individuals with recent myocardial infarction should be referred to a cardiologist to determine suitability for modified fasting. Individuals receiving medication for diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidaemia or those on lithium therapy may require a reduction in dose or withdrawal of treatment whilst undergoing modified fasting.
Such individuals should be monitored carefully in the first weeks of an Optifast VLCD Program. Individuals with a history of gout, porphyria, or hepatic, renal or gall bladder disease should also be monitored carefully by their healthcare professional. Individuals on lithium therapy require more frequent monitoring of blood lithium levels. Alcohol should not be consumed when using the Optifast VLCD Program
At the commencement of the program, individuals should be checked for normal renal and hepatic function and thereafter regular checks for weight, blood pressure and urinalysis by their doctor.
Initial transient effects have been observed: sensitivity to cold, dry skin, temporary rash, temporary hair loss, postural hypotension, fatigue, diarrhoea, constipation, muscle cramps, halitosis, irritability, menstrual disturbances. These are generally insufficient in magnitude or duration to warrant cessation of the program but check with your GP.
In some rare cases, numbness and the appearance of previously unsuspected gallstones have been reported. Rapid weight loss occasionally leads to higher serum uric acid levels and might precipitate an acute attack of gout in a predisposed individual. This may be ameliorated by ensuring adequate fluid intake and including one teaspoon of vegetable oil with the 2 cups of additional vegetables consumed daily. Always check any adverse symptoms with a doctor.
Although the Optifast VLCD Program contains adequate electrolytes for the needs of most individuals, some individuals may become hyponatraemic or hypokalaemic, especially if they are receiving diuretic therapy. In such circumstances, electrolyte supplements may be required as directed by your healthcare professional.
Other products from Optifast
- Optifast VLCD Protein Plus Shake Rich and Thick Chocolate 10 Pack 630g
- Optifast VLCD Shake Banana Flavour 12 x 53g Sachets
- Optifast VLCD Shake Coffee 12 x 53g Sachets
- Optifast VLCD Shake Assorted Pack 530g
- Optifast VLCD Shake Chai 12 x 53g Sachets
- Optifast VLCD Shake Mocha 12 x 53g Sachets
- Optifast VLCD Protein Plus Shake Creamy Vanilla Flavour 10 Pack 630g
- Optifast VLCD Shake Caramel Flavour 12 x 53g Sachets
- Optifast VLCD Protein Plus Shake Classic Coffee Flavour 10 Pack 630g
- Optifast VLCD Shake Strawberry Flavour 12 x 53g Sachets
- Optifast VLCD Shake Chocolate 12 x 53g Sachets
- Optifast VLCD Shake Vanilla Flavour 12 x 53g Sachets
- Optifast VLCD Soup Chicken Flavour - 8 Pack 53g Sachets
- Optifast Vlcd Bar Cereal 12(6X65g Bars)
- Optifast Vlcd Bar Berry 12(6X65g Bars)
- Optifast VLCD Soup Vegetable - 8 Pack 53g Sachets
- Optifast VLCD Soup Tomato Country Style 8 x 53g Sachets
- Optifast Vlcd Bar Assorted Multi Pack 12(6X70/65g Bars)
- Optifast VLCD Bar Cappuccino - 6 Pack 60g Bars
- Optifast VLCD Bar Chocolate - 6 Pack 70g Bars
- Optifast VLCD Shake Chocolate 18 x 53g Sachets